Thinking about one of the Active Senior Communities? Your first priority should be location.
Where do you want to spend the next couple of years or maybe even the rest of your life.
Once you decide, make a list of the things you like to do and prioritize that list. There are so many active senior communities to choose from now. You'll probably be able to find everything you’re looking for within your budget.
But there are pros and cons to living in Active Adult Communities.
The majority of these active adult retirement communities offer lots of recreational options including walking trails, clubhouses with fitness centers and swimming pools. In fact 90% of new-home buyers in age-qualified active adult neighborhoods report having access to at least one of the kinds of facilities.
• Most have 24/7 security. Many of these communities are gated communities with gate guards.
• Some of these active retirement communities even organize field trips and cruises.
• There are lots of social activities. Pot luck dinners, dances, concerts and many more planned activities
• The majority of homes in these types of neighborhoods are two bedroom 2 bath homes with a median size of 1906 square feet.
• Some have strict community rules that some people may not like. For instance, no children living in the home over 30 days.
• And then there’s the gossip which depending upon who you are can either be a pro or a con!
So why do people choose active adult communities?
• 45% say it's for the design and looks of the community
• 24.8% say it's to be close to friends and relatives.
• 22.3% say it's to be near leisure activities.
• 21.6% say it's for the housing unit itself.
So, if you think an active adult community may be a right choice for you, do your homework, there are plenty of active adult living communities out there to choose from and with a little research, you'll be able to find one that's right for you!